Thursday, May 29, 2008



I Thought You Could Help


A farmer came to see the Buddha. He went on telling the Buddha his problems with the farming, with his wife and with his kids, laying out all his difficulties and worries.

The Buddha patiently listened to the man. Finally he wound down and waited for the Buddha to say the words that would put everything right for him. Instead, the Buddha said, "I can't help you."

"What do you mean?" said the astonished man.

"Everybody's got problems," said the Buddha. "In fact we've all got eighty-three problems and there's nothing you can do about it. If you work really hard on one of them, maybe you can fix it -- but if you do, another one will pop right into its place. For example, you're going to lose your loved ones eventually. And you are going to die some day. Now there's a problem, and there's nothing you, or I, or anyone else can do about it."

The man became furious. "I thought you were a great teacher!" he shouted. "I thought you could help me! What good is your teaching then?"

The Buddha said, "Well, maybe it will help you with the eighty-fourth problem."

The man was puzzled, "What's the eighty-fourth problem?"

Said the Buddha, "You want to not have any problems."

We think that we have to deal with our problems in a way that exterminates them, that distorts or denies their reality. But in doing so, we try to make reality into something other than what it is. We try to rearrange and manipulate the world so that dogs will never bite, accidents will never happen, and the people we care about will never die. Even on the surface, the futility of such efforts should be obvious.



Point of posting that?

I managed to retrieve back my ez-link card, but i lost my set of house keys.
My left calf doesn't hurt as bad now, but my right wrist does, and it doesn't look like it's getting any better.

Yeah of course, the story above means much more then that. Sometimes, no matter how hard we try, things just don't turn out the way we thought it would. It would appear that everything around us is pre-arranged by 'fate' or 'destiny'. You might want to live 'your way', but it has already been decided that you will be living in 'that way'. It's not fair, but that's life for you. I've gotten used to it.

Yes, random i know.


Been spending a little too much time on games recently to take my mind off.. stuffs. But i've kind of over abused that need to the extent that i haven't been doing enough school work. Common test is just next week too. ETE paper on Tuesday and EM3B on Wednesday. sighs. Product Design & Innovation. It's really not easy. I know i'm a lazy procrastinator, but seriously, trust me. I believe i have at least half a dozen supporters willing to back up that statement. No point changing course since i'm already in so late in the academic ladder. I swear i will never touch another pencil with a drawing block after i graduate from ngee ann.


***

And so, SCC Monthly Performance yesterday. Took photos and videos till the memory stick was crammed. I'm slowly rebuilding back my gallery, though it can never replace the glory it once had. Performance with Gary J. and Amos went well. They thought it was kind of messy, though i couldn't notice.. Uhh, i meant yeah i thought so too. Never mind. After Gary J.'s song was Steve's, and it was with me too. Somehow, last year's mistake of grouping the same performer in a row repeated itself. Okay, maybe it wasn't a mistake, but i feel that there should be at least one or two songs spaces in between any songs which contains the same performer(s). Anyway, back to Steve. Pop-jazz, his song was, or rather, what we had interpreted. I thought i played okay overally.. Mandy told me it was a good attempt for my first try, so yeah. Funny style -.-

Commendations for finishing Monthly Performance at 9.30 p.m. even though there were 23 songs.


KAP dinner as usual after Monthly Performance. For the 2nd time there, i spilt my iced milo again. It got all over my shoe, Qiuyun and Sherlyn's legs, and some specks on Ziqin's bag.

Apologies to Qiuyun, Sherlyn, Ziqin and Mcdonald floor for my incompetency to handle a cup of iced milo.



For the Nth time, i saw everyone moving on, away from me again.


-uoyrofseircymrewsnauoytnow-





リオ